As the weather starts to warm up Spring is the perfect time to start consuming lighter and nutritious meals.
I’ve created this fresh Spring Salad including all seasonal produce packed with the perfect balance of carbohydrates, protein, and healthy fats. It’s perfect for those warm Spring days, or as an easy lunch option.
Eating produce that’s in season offers an abundance of nutritional value as its freshly grown and sourced. Wherever possible, buy your fresh produce from your local farmer’s markets to ensure you’re consuming what is currently in season and you’ll know it's grown locally which is even better!
- 4-5 potatoes, chopped in half (ideally organic kipfler, but I used carisma)
- 1 free-range organic egg, boiled
- 1 handful of lettuce, cut into large pieces
- 30g Wild Atlantic Smoked Salmon
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Handful of fresh herbs (dill and parsley)
- 1 tbsp Meredith’s Valley goat’s cheese
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tsp ghee/organic butter
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Begin by boiling potatoes on high heat until soft
- In a separate pot, boil egg for 8-10 minutes. Once boiled, set aside in the fridge for 5-10 minutes to cool before peeling.
- In the meantime, prepare the salad by adding the lettuce to the base of a salad bowl.
- Once the potatoes are soft, drain the excess water and return back to the pot. Lightly season with ghee/organic butter and salt, then layer on top of the lettuce.
- Layer your avocado slices, smoked salmon, dill, parsley, goat’s cheese, and hemp seeds to your salad.
- Cut the boiled egg in half and place on top of your salad.
- Drizzle your salad dressing and bon appetit!